Saturday, July 21, 2007

Showered Rotten...

Today, I was spoiled. Friends from church gave me a shower and they really went above and beyond to make it special. There were chinese lanterns for decorations, chinese music playing in the background, amazing chinese food- including fortune cookies, and a beautiful cake with a chinese blessing (written in Chinese symbols) on the cake. They prayed blessings of scripture for Eliana and placed them in a red envelope along with a coin. This idea was adapted from a Chinese tradition called Hang Bo (Not sure I am spelling that right). Even Mom participated from across the miles... that was really special. We played pass the ping pong ball with chop sticks and just generally had a lot of fun. I am truly blessed with amazing friends and family and I am so excited that Eliana will have so many wonderful women in her life who already love her. I was lucky enough to have a friend take pictures for me today...
Shower

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Im so glad you had a good time! Sounds like you are blessed with amazing friends!

Kevin said...

Heather,

It looks like you guys had a great time. How wonderful it is to be surrounded by a loving group of woman who are so supportive. We are very happy for you!!!

Christy :)