Saturday, July 19, 2008

The Sound of Silence

Well, around our house there is never much in the way of silence, but my blog can be a different story. The past few weeks have been pretty rough again with Ellie and her attachment issues. The fact that she is cutting a tooth is always a fun ingredient to add to the mix. But... we are going to meet with our attachment counselor again this week to try to get some new ideas and will most likely be meeting regularly with her for a while. For those of you out there that are praying for our family, let me first say, "Thank You!" and then let me ask you to continue to pray for our entire family. We need encouragement and perseverence. We all need to grow in our bonds with Eliana and we so greatly desire that she would open her heart more to her wonderful Daddy and stop seeing her brothers as a threat to her relationship with me. We are coming up on a year of placement in August and in some ways it feels like 5 years, but we have so much work yet to be done before we settle into a happy normal. Baby steps... more baby steps.

1 comment:

Stefany Gess said...

Yes, definitely we are continuing to pray alongside you. I can't believe it has been a year already. I would love for Drew and I to get together with you soon just to pray for you guys and Eliana. I have been dying to fix some lasagna for you guys and have you over after church. Let's make a date.