Friday, July 4, 2008

Snakes on a Pane!


Okay, a little too much excitement for me. Unlike my two boys, I am not a snake fan. Last week, on a hike in a nearby canyon, we came home with a snake (2 others had been released soon after capture due to their large size), a turtle (released yesterday) and 2 crayfish (now living in our neighbors pond). Well, last night my dear Noah came up and said those four dreaded words... "The snake is gone." Now, I don't mean gone safely back into the wild, I mean gone... in my basement... in MY house... ready to jump out at my unsuspecting snake-o-phobic self. So, after a lot of searching last night, we yielded nothing. The hours dragged on last night as I was sure to awaken to him perched on my chest slithering and spitting his forked little tongue at me. This morning, a new light has dawned... he has been found!! No doubt trying to get into the sun coming in through the window, Noah spotted him. Elijah pounced and grabbed his tail and I swooped the habitat underneath him. I am hopeful that our little adventure will induce his release back into the wild, but I may be hoping in vain at the moment.

No comments: