Saturday, November 17, 2007

Starlighting


Tonight was Eliana's first Starlighting here in Castle Rock. She pretty much slept though much of it, but she did catch the fireworks in the end. It is nice to live in a small town where there is such a sense of community at these types of events. We are always sure to bump into friends that we haven't seen in a while and it is good to catch up. My only complaint is that it seemed that there wasn't as much to do downtown with the kids as in the past. Maybe I am wrong, but all the lines to do anything were so long, it certainly seemed that way with three kiddos in tow. The star Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucketdoes look great as ever, Crowfoot Coffee always hits the spot and the fireworks are a favorite with the kids. Eliana took them in with quiet curiosity- as she does all of her first-time experiences. I hope that our kids look back on these little family traditions someday fondly. Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures this year. I was too concerned about keeping my 2 eyes on 3 kids. Next time, I will have to make Milan the official photographer. While it seems a bit weird to be celebrating Starlighting here when Thanksgiving has yet to come and pass, I enjoyed kicking off the Christmas season.

2 comments:

Christy said...

I love these types of family traditions. We do the Christmas tree lighting ceremony at Victoria Gardens every year and it is so fun. I am soo excited that we get to include MIa in all these traditions!!

Christy :)

Anonymous said...

It sounds like fun! I am sure that your typo at the end does not in ANY way reflect your feelings toward the Christmas season:)
Love Kaye