Friday, September 21, 2007

The Life and Times of Us...

First month home

I have finally uploaded a few new pictures of the kids, sorry that I have been a bit lax on getting to the blog. I can't imagine why I wouldn't be sitting in front of a computer checking email and loading pictures... where does my time go?

Today took us to the doctor for our little Elijah. It has been rough for the poor little guy. The cold that has been plaguing him just wasn't getting any better. Well, that is because he has a sinus infection and two ear infections. How that boy doesn't complain more about pain, I will never know. Hopefully, he will be on the mend quickly as he is now taking three different meds daily. He is a trooper. I am really praying he returns to his normal happy self soon. It has been a hard few weeks for him in many ways.

Both of the boys continue to bond well with Eliana. She just loves them both to death and I tell you it melts our hearts to hear the things they say about and to her. She is one lucky little girl and we continue to be amazed that she is actually ours. Milan and I were talking yet again tonight about how we just can't believe she is here after such a long wait. He is rapidly being wrapped around her little finger as she coos and "da da das" at him. I don't tell him that she da da das at a lot of things... I am sure she is just thinking about him when she does that.

We went to the fire safety presentation at the library this past week with the kid and they enjoyed trying on the equipment. Eliana just looked on with her "serious" face. We haven't exactly covered "fire truck" yet in our reading and vocabulary. We did get some cute pictures of her brothers though. Speaking of Eliana's serious face, she has truly become the lady of many faces. She makes the funniest expressions and almost poses for the camera with them. I don't know if it is her new varied diet taking its toll on her digestive system or if she is truly clowning around, but we are thoroughly enjoying it. You will see a few of them in the pictures I posted today.

Homeschooling in earnest began again this week, and much to my surprise, it went really well. I was nervous about how I was going to do it all, but we managed to get it done. The boys enrichment program is really great. It gives me a little break on Tuesdays and Thursdays to spend time with Eliana (or if she is napping... time for myself... Gasps and Horror). It also breaks the week up nicely for a change of pace for the boys. I am really thankful for it. While I am really thankful for it, Elijah has had a bit of a rough time. He was out for a week sick and this week just wasn't feeling himself either. (Duh, genious- see paragraph 2 above) I am hoping next week goes better for him and that he isn't missing me quite so much.

Well, it has been fabulous sitting here rambling on about my very exciting and cutting edge life, but there is laundry to fold, a checkbook to balance and an entire list of things that I was supposed to finish yesterday that is yet untouched. Until next time...

1 comment:

Christy said...

Im so glad all is well with you guys. I knew your boys would just love their sister and it is surreal when you realize your baby is finally home!!! Good luck with the homeschooling thing. YOu are amazing in my mind becuase CPS would be called frequently if I tried to homeschool my boys.

Glad all is well and I hope Noah feels better!!

Christy :)