Saturday, September 8, 2007

Good Night for Now...

Okay, missing a cable somewhere for now... so no new pictures today. I will have to get on that tomorrow when Milan is awake and I can interrogate him... just kidding. I will try to get pictures up soon though. Eliana seems to be changing every day. We are finally sleeping for the most part. She seems to get up once for a diaper change, but goes down again pretty easily. Knock on wood. Poor little Elijah has a high fever and cold though so he is taking over night duty. While I would love an uninterrupted night of sleep, I wouldn't change it. I can't imagine having it any other way. These are my babies and they need me. The day will come all too soon when they won't want or need their mommy to kiss away the bad dreams, hug away the sniffles or snuggle up next to them so that they can fall asleep. It is a good reminder to me just to write it here. These are the years I know that I will look back on someday with fondness. There is no gift like children and there is no job like being a mommy. I am so thankful for all three of my little ones. By the way, who invented the caffienated beverage? I need to send him/her a thank you note.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Thanks so much for sharing your trip. I've enjoyed following along and wish your family all the best.

Anonymous said...

Im right there with you -- GOD BLESS CAFFEINE!!!! It is, somedays, the only thing that keeps me going :)

Im so glad things are starting to normalize. It takes a little bit of time but they eventually heal in and get use to the routine.

I agree with the mommy comment. They are only going to want us around for a short amount of time so it is soooooo important that we embrace that time. It is fun being mommy :)

Christy