Friday, December 28, 2007

'Twas Merry Indeed



This past week has been truly merry as we have spent it here in beautiful Colorado with my parents. It is always so great to have them visit, especially at the holidays. There was no need for "Dreaming of a White Christmas," as it snowed the entire day. It was beautiful and the day after Christmas was sunny and clear. We are truly privlidged to live in such a beautiful place.
Eliana's first Christmas home with us was wonderful. She mostly observed her brothers and played with the wrapping. All of our kiddos were very blessed to receive so many wonderful gifts, but having her here was the best in my mind. All I am hoping for the new year is that she will settle in and attach closely to her daddy. He just wants to pick her up and hug her and love on her. It is hard for me to understand what is happening in her little mind that is keeping her from allowing him to do that. I know her short life has been full of uncertainty, but resisting his attempts to just be her daddy are really tough to take. One of these days, she will realize how good she has it.

I am posting a few pictures from our week. I hope you all had a very merry Christmas and truly could celebrate it for what it is... Christ's birthday. Also, if I don't get back to the computer before Tuesday, I wish you a very Happy 2008!



No comments: