Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Coming Up for Air

Well, this week has been a doozy and I feel like I am just coming up for air. Poor Milan was sick with the flu until Saturday and then guess what happened to me in the middle of the night on Saturday. You guessed it- UGH! Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket I am hoping and praying that none of the kids have little latent flu bug guerrillas hiding in the hills. Anyway, feeling much better today and trying to get caught up on the mile long to do list. Here I am four months later, ordering pictures from our trip to China. I have looked at them on the computer so many times, it seems that surely I would have done that by now. Well, don't be so sure my friends. That third baby really does throw a bit of curveball at you as far as time and memory.

On that subject, I truly believe that I left about 3/4 of my brain back in China. Anyone who knows me, or my side of the family for that matter, is probably aware of our love affair with list-making. Yes, we are the types who have been known to add items to the list even after their are completed, just so that we can check them off and note that they were accomplished.Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Sad, I know. Anyway, at this point, I need a list to keep track of my lists. I keep finding little notes to myself, but the scary part is that I don't even remember what half of them are supposed to remind me to do. (Note to self: make more detailed notes to self.) I am also finding that I keep making the same lists over again. Translated: I am not getting very much done! I should be a little gracious to myself, I guess, in that I am getting the kids school done, but there are just so many other details in life. (Note to self: win lottery and hire personal assistant) Oh yeah (Note to self: Must actually play lottery in order to win- Need personal assistant to remind me to buy lottery tickets so that I can pay her) You see my dilemma.

The good news is, that even with lists longer than Marley's chains, I have three beautiful children, a great hubby/daddy, great friends and family and we are all, for the moment, healthy. Speaking of great family, I am really looking forward to my parents visiting for Christmas. Thankfully, the snow isn't supposed to hit until a day after they arrive, so we should not be reliving the horror of Colorado 2006 which twice delayed their trip last Christmas. So, for now, I will choose to look at my glass as half-full. (Note to self: Make it half-full of Margarita. Things are looking better all the time!)

Until next time when I am uploading photos for development at 1:30 in the morning and therefore find the time to blog... Merry Christmas.

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Heather, I haven't decided or printed any of our China pictures either. I think it's because there are so many and so much of a story that goes along with each one. Maybe we can help each other - I'm certain I don't remember all the details I want to and hopefully you can fill in my blanks, I'll help fill in yours - we can make it up if we have to! :) Miss you guys! Gotta run, Maryn is shaking the crib rails and wants out! Sherry