Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Family Fun

We are all looking forward to our visit with my brother and his family this week as they travel from Washington. This will be their first time to meet Ellie and we will also be celebrating Elijah's sixth birthday. Fun! Fun! I am excited to get to play Auntie... a role I don't often enough get to play. My niece and nephew are precious.

This photo was taken of Ellie at her "Auntie" Grace's baby shower. It was just too cute not to post. Ellie continues to improve in her walking, but we are still concerned about the development of her feet. We had our last appointment with Children's hospital yesterday as we will be working with an in-home therapist available until Ellie turns three. Hopefully, we will have resolved her issues before then, but it is so much easier to do it in home.
We continue to pray for bonding between Ellie and Milan and the roller coaster of ups and down continues. The Lord has a purpose in this for us. In Genesis, Joseph says that the Lord brought him to Egypt, even though it was his brothers who sold him into slavery there. Even the hard things are purposed by Him, and while I don't believe that our purpose is to save the country from famine, I pray that we will be faithful to persevere and see His purposes fulfilled.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

SOooo fun, I love that dress

The Woodalls said...

Heather - Love, love, love the picture. What a CUTIE. I frequent your blog often and I enjoy reading about the family. I especially love your pictures, what a beautiful family.