Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Nearly There...

I feel a bit like the Little Blue Engine right now trying to make it up that last stretch of hill. We are now two days away from finishing the year of homeschooling. My kids have done really well and I am proud of them. For some reason, I have been a bit daunted by the fact that this is only year one of what will be years to come of this task. We haven't made any decisions beyond elementary school for the kids yet, but even that puts me into the double digits of schooling by the time we get Ellie that far. Hmmm... I am sure that it gets easier, right? It still boggles my mind how often my 2 boys seem to give me a bigger run for my money than a few hundred middle schoolers. Of course, I wasn't chasing a baby around in my classroom back then.

After school today, I got to spend the entire afternoon cooking. Normally, I really like to cook, but this was the result of our freezer get turned off yesterday afternoon unbeknown to us. The draining water out the bottom was our big clue today. So, with about 25 pounds of meat already beginning to thaw, I have been a busy gal. Tomorrow will be more of the same. We will be eating like kings for this next week. I am trying to go along with that old adage, "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade..." Unfortunately, having been a vegetarian in the past for 6 years or so, meat isn't exactly my drink of choice. My family will be happy though and I will just keep offering food to the neighbors. So, if anybody is hungry...

No comments: