Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Time with Nana

We had the privilege of spending last week with Nana, my mom. Milan was in Orlando for a conference and she came to visit and lend a hand with my little brood. We had a great time and she helped me play catch up on several of the projects that I have gotten woefully behind on. Scrapbooking seemed like such a good idea when I began (5 years prior to becoming a parent). Now that I am into the commitment by like 15+ albums it is hard to stop, but I just don't have the time


to stay on top of it. Mom graciously spent several nights burning the midnight oil with me doing page after page. While I am not quite caught up, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Unfortunately, it will probably be short-lived as we are heading out on vacation in about a month. C'est la vie. At any rate, it was fun to have her here and to see my kiddos with her. I only wish that they were able to spend more regular time with both Nana and Papa. We are blessed to have the problem of terrific grandparents- that live at a distance :0( . That goes for you too, Baba!
Eliana decided to cut molars at record-breaking pace last week, so Nana didn't exactly get to see her best side. Unfortunately, Ellie was up almost every night and was pretty fussy. She is still working on both bottom molars... they have been swollen and ready since last week, but just haven't finished the job. Thankfully, the top molars seem to be done giving her trouble. Hopefully, she will sleep tonight. (Code for "I am tired and I hope I can sleep through the night as well!") She sure is cute though, if you can get past the drool.
She is speaking more and more all the time. Her list of words grows daily, but she is still not really stringing much of anything together. I guess that the one exception is "more that." Not bad for starters. Walking is still not happening on her own. She does push around a little walker and loves it, but she has to have something to hold on to to keep her balance. Those little ankles still have a mind of their own as well. She has finally discovered her squeaky shoes, though. We bought several pair in China and she has just recently come to understand that she controls the squeak herself, by getting up and cruising around. She really lights up when she gets moving quickly. It is really a crack-up. I only wish I would have bought another 10 pair.
New Album 3/19/08 9:40 PM

1 comment:

Stefany Gess said...

Love the pictures. I am so glad I got to see your mom too. It is always a pleasure. Had a ton of fun today at the shower. Thanks for hosting.