Thursday, January 10, 2008

The Cats Meow...

My husband and I have decided (along with several of our good friends) that it is our job to hand-select a pool of perspective future spouses for our children. No, we are not talking about that cultish child-bride stuff, but just to keep them in regular contact with choice candidates... namely our friends' sons and daughters. A current front-runner with the boys is our dear little Annika (Ani) and I must say she would fit right in.
On this particular day, Elijah woke us up in bed, dressed in his leopard costume and proceeded to do his morning school in it. Note to self: distinct advantage of homeschooling is not having to die on the bridge of "what you are allowed to wear today." Anyway, my friend Kari called from Starbucks asking if she could make the quick drive and drop. Of course, anyone who knows me can tell you I never pass up a good cup o' joe, so she came over. Little did I know that her daughter, Ani, had spent the morning in her Tom (of the one and only Tom and Jerry) costume including on her little trip to Starbucks. So, lets just say we are seeing some compatibility here. Just think what adorable grand-kittens we would have. Oh, the joys of parenting imaginative children.

No comments: