Friday, September 19, 2008

Knock On Wood

Okay, I haven't posted this past week for fear that saying it out loud might somehow spoil it. We had the best week we have ever had with Ellie. We have a long way to go still, I realize, but she was markedly better with Milan. She actually went to him to kiss a boo boo instead of me- UNHEARD OF! She also has been asking about him more often, wanting to go and model her morning outfits for him and even allowed quite a few non-crying pick-her-ups. Now there were still moments of UGH, but it was so great to see some potential cracks in our proverbial ceiling. For those of you praying, don't quit! We need them, but I thought I had better pass on that there has been some truly great moments this week. I have had the mantra of "baby steps", but this felt like a real step in the right direction this week. Now if we can just avoid the 2 steps back.

3 comments:

Christy said...

Heather,

I am sooo glad she is doing so well. That is just amazing and even though it is baby steps-- it is still steps.

I will keep praying for little Eliana.

Christy :)

Grace said...

What an answer to prayer. I am so glad that you and Milan are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, and that Ellie is allowing herself to be loved by a wonderful daddy. She is a blessed little girl!

Stefany Gess said...

Yeah!!!continuing to pray for more of the same.