Saturday, February 16, 2008

Truth Talking

Okay, I am at the end of that proverbial rope... time for some truth talking. This is really stinking hard. We thought we were seeing some progress with Eliana and her acceptance of Milan, but all that seems to have flown out the window. It is really discouraging at the moment. How come this little person can't see that her brothers think the world of her daddy? How come she can't see that he keeps putting himself out there day after day just wanting to love on her- get to know her- take care of her? Sometimes I just want to scream... okay we are being truthful... sometimes I do scream. It is like nobody else really knows what is happening because she can be so different when we are out or with other people. She seems to be just happy-go-lucky, but then we get home and she goes nutso. We really need prayer- seriously, consistent and ardent prayers. I know that nothing happens by accident. I know that the Lord knew what he was doing when he chose her for our family. I know that He doesn't promise an easy road. However, I am tired. Our family is weary and we need a bit of a breather. It just breaks my heart in ways I didn't really know possible. A friend reminded me the other day that sometimes we go through hard times so that we can truly understand the suffering and pain of others- I know that has been true in our struggles with miscarriage. I just wish that God would trust us to be compassionate without first hand knowledge in this case. Anyway, I am praying for perseverance, for peace in my home, for the brokenness in our little girl and for the grace to get through this in one piece. I think we are at the point of needing to seek some extra professional help, so there begins another task. Hopefully, we will be able to get some answers (and find the time to get the help we need). Keep us in your prayers.

2 comments:

Stefany Gess said...

I will continue praying for the family and especially Milan as he continues to try and reach Eliana, I can't imagine how frustrating that must be. I am praying that Eliana's heart will be open to recieve the love Milan has for her. We love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, all will be well soon enough!